Thursday, August 13, 2009

Everyone's Leaving

So yesterday was Scott's last day in Estes.  His friend Liz came into town to ride back to Georgia with him, and she is super sweet.  I hung out with them all day yesterday....cleaning Scott and Conor's room, fly fishing one last time, hanging out at the bowling alley, meteor show in Beaver Meadows, and then spending the night at Megan and Kendalls.  It was the perfect day: hiking, fly fishing, and hanging out with one of the guys who made my summer the best summer ever.  But now it ended in him leaving for Yellowstone and a roadtrip back to Georgia and Furman, where he goes to college.  He better come back next summer and do Sasquatch OR ELSE ;) 

Today is a bittersweet day because now both my good guy friends are gone for the summer, but my brother is coming home today after 6 weeks in Alaska!! I am pumped to see him and see his pictures and all his stories. Its funny because I started hanging out with Conor and Scott around the same time Tom left for Alaska, so he missed a MAJOR part of my summer, and vice versa. So I am VERY excited to see him :) 

As for summer ending, I'm becoming more okay with it.  I will miss waking up to the mountains everyday and having absolutely perfect weather day in and day out. But the sooner I get back to school and get another year done, the sooner I get back up here for another amazing 3 months.  


No comments:

Post a Comment