Sunday, January 16, 2011

Birthdays

Today is my 22nd Birthday. Funny how time flies. Megan just posted on her wall a quote by Martin Luther King Jr. and I really think it is suitable for my life at the moment. It says:

We all came in on different ships, but we're all in the same boat now. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Today, my friends surprised me. Caroline and Amber decorated my room up with streamers and balloons and flowers -- both real and made out of balloons ;) I was not expecting it in the least and it made me cry to know that there are people in my life that love me enough to do that -- besides my family of course. But lets be honest, Megan, Amber, and Caroline ARE a part of my family -- a pretty important part at that. Their friendship means the world to me and I couldn't imagine my life without them.
I just hope they know that I would give them each the world if I could -- the best parts of the world -- the Beaver Creeks of the world ;)


When you're weary
Feeling small
When tears are in your eyes
I will dry them all

I'm on your side
When times get rough
And friends just can't be found
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down

When you're down and out
When you're on the street
When evening falls so hard
I will comfort you

I'll take your part
When darkness comes
And pain is all around
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down

Sail on Silver Girl,
Sail on by
Your time has come to shine
All your dreams are on their way

See how they shine
If you need a friend
I'm sailing right behind
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind.

1 comment: